9/11 Families Snub Joe Biden, Tell Him Not To Come To Memorial Events: “We cannot in good faith welcome the president to our hallowed grounds until he fulfills his commitment”

President Joe Biden got more bad news this time from the families who lost loved ones in the terrorist attack on our country. Nearly 1,800 Americans affected by the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks are telling Biden to stay away from memorial events this year.

The families oppose Biden’s participation in the memorial events unless he honors his promise to declassify U.S. government evidence related to the attack that they think will show a link between Saudi Arabian leaders and the attacks.

“We cannot in good faith, and with veneration to those lost, sick, and injured, welcome the president to our hallowed grounds until he fulfills his commitment,” they wrote in a statement.

“Since the conclusion of the 9/11 Commission in 2004 much investigative evidence has been uncovered implicating Saudi government officials in supporting the attacks,” the statement said.

“Through multiple administrations, the Department of Justice and the FBI have actively sought to keep this information secret and prevent the American people from learning the full truth about the 9/11 attacks,” it added.

Brett Eagleson, whose father died at the World Trade Center, said the families are “collectively are at our wits’ end with our own government.”

“We are frustrated, tired and saddened with the fact that the U.S. government for 20 years has chosen to keep information about the death of our loved ones behind lock and key,” said Eagleson, who is among a group of victims’ relatives who filed a federal lawsuit accusing Saudi Arabia of being complicit in the attacks.

From NBC:

While the 9/11 Commission report found that Saudi Arabia had been a “problematic ally,” particularly when it came to sharing intelligence, the investigation found no evidence implicating Saudi leaders in the attack.

“The Commission staff found no evidence that the Saudi government as an institution or as individual senior officials knowingly support or supported al Qaeda; however, a lack of awareness of the problem and a failure to conduct oversight over institutions created an environment in which such activity has flourished,” the report said.

From Fox News:

Nearly 2,000 people who were directly affected by 9/11 are calling on President Biden to not participate in any 20th anniversary ceremonies unless he declassifies government documents they believe will implicate Saudi Arabia in the terrorist attacks. 

“We cannot in good faith, and with veneration to those lost, sick, and injured, welcome the president to our hallowed grounds until he fulfills his commitment,” nearly 1,800 first responders, family of those killed in the attacks, and survivors wrote in a statement obtained by NBC News.

“Since the conclusion of the 9/11 Commission in 2004 much investigative evidence has been uncovered implicating Saudi government officials in supporting the attacks,” the statement says.

“Through multiple administrations, the Department of Justice and the FBI have actively sought to keep this information secret and prevent the American people from learning the full truth about the 9/11 attacks.”

Among the documents the group is looking for are findings that pertain to the FBI investigation that concluded in 2016, which investigated Saudi links to the attacks.

Saudi Arabia has denied allegations it was involved with the attacks. 

The group says Biden pledged during the campaign cycle to be more transparent and release information, but that his administration has not answered requests from them upon his inauguration.

Leave a comment